Friday, February 16, 2007

A Virtual Tour

Have you ever tried a virtual tour through a satellite map and numbers of articles written by the community?

Tonight, I tried. Google Map Xrossover Wikipedia ~

When I start my brief background review on Edinburgh, the first place I go is Google. There are numerous of sites talking about Edinburgh. At last, I choose the one from the community - Wikipedia.

There are photos and there are articles. I find myself getting more and more familiar with Edinburgh by just reading the things from Wiki. Then, I get a question in my mind. What actually Edinburgh look likes? Then, I Google again - the Google Map.

I just put two browsers side-by-side. One with Wiki and another with Gmap. Once I want to know where is a street, I go to Gmap. Once I want to know more about a location, I go to Wiki. At the same time, I am thinking how to make a scene for Edinburgh... An idea comes up. Pan the camera from the tail of the street to the head - the Edinburgh Castle. And then ... soldiers come out and the war begin ... lol

That's exciting ... like dreaming a tour in front of the computer. I think, the next place I should go is YouTube or Google Video.

No comments: